I love to workout with music. Sometimes when I hear a new song on the radio I can just imagine myself racing up a hill while the song pumps through my headphones. My ipod playlists looks like this.
The playlist itself consists of almost 200 songs that I put on shuffle and hit play once my feet hit the curb. I enjoy a good mix of old and new songs but I'll save myself the embarrassment of revealing my entire list to you. No one needs to know about my inner teeny bopper love for Selena Gomez or just how many rap songs make up my list.
It would be a hassle to put every video on here from your listening pleausre so I randomly selected a few for you to bop your head to.
1. Hello, Good Morning- Diddy ft. T.I.
2. My Body- Young the Giant
3. Breath of Life- Florence + The Machine
This is one of my 2012 Triathlon Season Theme Songs
1. Welcome to the Jungle- Guns N' Roses
2. Do you Remember vs. Sweet Child of Mine- DJ Mars Remix
3. Let's Go- Calvin Harris ft. Ne-yo
1. The Fighter- Gym Class Heroes
This is my other 2012 Triathlon Season Theme Song
2.Dog Days are Over- Florence + The Machine
3. Closer to the Edge- 30 Seconds to Mars
1. Guttaville- DRO ft. Boe Skagz and Tay Nati
You'll do so many more pushups while listening to this song
2. Why pt. 2- Collective Soul
3. Down with the Sickness- Disturbed
1. Full Chemical Gear- Jarhead (Original Soundtrack) Thomas Newman
2. Aggressive Expansion- The Dark Knight Soundtrack. Hans Zimmer.
Or anything from this soundtrack for that matter.
3. Opening- Terminator Salvation(Original Soundtrack) Danny Elfman
1. Blow(Cirkut Remix)- Kesha
2. One Step Closer- Linkin Park
3. You Changed the Way You Kiss Me- Example
Jerod and I both workout to this one. Right at 50 seconds in I pick up the pace. So don't listen to this song if you want to stay a slow poke. Nope, don't do it!
1. Gettin' Over You- David Guetta & Chris Willis ft. Fergie and LMFAO
2. Sexy and I know it- LMFAO
3. Coming Home- Diddy ft. Skylar Grey
I can just imagine the crowds at the finish line when this one comes on. Sometimes I get so into pretending I'm racing that I start high fiving the neighbors as I pass them. j/k I don't do that.
1. Gravity- John Mayer
2. Somebody that I used to know- Gotye
3.Boyfriend- Justin Bieber
1. Yves Larock - Nomadic Knights
I listen to lots of weird techno-ish stuff while I ride for the fast beats to help me keep my cadence high - this is one the few that really help me kick it in to high gear... I'm not sure why.
2. Nina Simone - Sinnerman
I first heard this song on the soundtrack for the movie The Thomas Crown Affair - Good beat and catchy tune for my workouts.
3. Carlos Gallardo - Flamenco Groove
I love flamenco music. I love techno, especially for working out. This song combines both, and really helps me get my pedals crankin'!
Hannah hates this song because I also use it as one of my ~10 alarms that go off every morning to help me wake up. It might be a little too exciting for the wee hours of the morning, but it seems to work...
Or you could just pump yourself every morning for a race that doesn't exist.
And everyone wondered why I showed up to work so sweaty.